Monday, May 14, 2007

89? Good Grief!

There I was, thinking I was well on my way to becoming an advanced member of the Athletic World gym. I'd cruised through the toughest events with scores in the high-80s/low 90s, and I had just one to go: Rafting.

Rafting involves dodging various obstacles as you careen down a river on your trusty whitewater raft. I consider it to be the easiest event as it doesn't require any fast running action, but I teetered back on my heels at just the wrong time catching a board in the face which knocked me clean off into the river. That one mistake saddled me with an 82 for the event.

The NES thought long and hard about what to give me for the full run. After carrying the one and dividing by 17, it decided that my performace was worthy of an 89. I pleaded with it for awhile, but it just laughed at me, played some cheery music, and advanced on to the certificate screen.

Better luck next time!

No comments: