Thursday, May 10, 2007

The Amuzing Race

The Amber Tower and HarrisWorld are going to join forces on Saturday, June 9th to participate in the Amuzing Race to benefit the Rochester Public Library Foundation. It's supposed to be a crazy, local version of the "Amazing Race" (CBS Sundays) in which we'll drive all over Olmsted County for a morning of chasing clues and taking the physical challenge. I'm hoping it'll be like the travelling questions from Kaleidoquiz (for all of you Iowa Staters out there).

We're not allowed to use any maps or outside help. Since I know where nothing outside of Rochester is, I guess I know what I'll be studying for the next couple of weeks. What I need from you, gentle readers, are ideas for a team name. I'll be accepting entries until next Wednesday, May 16th at high noon. Submit your best and brightest ideas. If you came up with the chosen name, you'll win something great.

7 comments:

Frank J. Varro said...

Oh how I wish i could remember our team names from ISU... driving to the library at 9AM after 27 hours without sleep with Mike, and having my face go numb as we try to convince them to let us take a full library Dictionary... goood times....

My best right now:
Jim Gaffigan's Hot Pockets
The Hot Pockets
Pale Force (no Offence, but pretty fitting)
Honalulu Blue

I'll try to think of more...

Anonymous said...

it needs to be something about being out of towners. Ask Mike about his fantasy football team names. He's a good namer, but he's not much of a blog reader.
oh, today may not be a great day to ask him; it's a busy one.

Urrvano said...

Just have one off the top of my head...

Magellan's Marauders

Momma D said...

Harris-on-Deck

Anonymous said...

Scavenge Like the Dickens

Brian said...

The contest is now closed, by the way. The team will deliberate on the names.

Brian said...

After careful deliberation with the team, we've decided upon "Scavenge Like the Dickens" as the contest winner. Although not a scavenger hunt specifically, we liked the sound of it along with the literary reference. It made good sense for a library event.

Congratulations, Jason! One prize coming your way soon.