Monday, May 14, 2007

Mail Musings

Well it took about two full months, but I finally got a postcard in the mail that my friend Frank sent from Amsterdam. Apparently the Dutch postal service isn't the fastest at getting stuff over the ocean. There were a few bends and a small tear in it, so maybe they tried turning it into a paper airplane and throwing it over here first.

In other postal news, the regular rate for mail has now gone up to 41 cents so there's even more reason to pay your bills online if you're not already. Additionally, the USPS is introducing this concept of the "Forever Stamp". You buy it now for 41 cents and it'll still be good no matter how high they raise the postage in the future, kind of like those gasoline co-ops where some lucky people locked in $1.00/gal prices some years ago. Only I don't know how many letters I'm really liable to be sending in my lifetime.

4 comments:

Frank J. Varro said...

good to hear you finally got the post card. There were a few people who got them in a week, and now, two months later, everyone else is getting there... maybe they all got stuck behind some post on a plane and wedged in back there.

On a lighter note, Paul Shirley's book comes out tomarrow, so head out to Barnes and Noble STAT!

Anonymous said...

So I've been alerted to this blog, but don't worry, your Amber Tower secret is safe with me.

Anyway, it looks like your new place isn't far from the Midtown Global Market, or the Scandinavian emporium known as Ingebretsen's.

Good luck with the move!

Anonymous said...

The Midtown Global Market is awesome! I think that on Moving Day I will have to stop by for some ZhenZhu NaiCha (literally Pearl Milk Tea -- the best use of tapioca that I have ever seen).

Brian said...

Good to see you on here, Steve. We've already been to the MGM twice and we haven't even really moved yet, so I'm sure we'll be spending a lot of time there.