Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Rochester International Film Festival

Last year, we got a pass and went to 5 movies at the RIFF. This year, we'll be lucky if we make it to one. It looks like we're currently targeting tonight's 7:00 showing of a French film called Me and My Sister. I'll be sure to let you know how it was if we go.

It turns out that I was looking at the wrong list of movies on Sunday when we were considering going to an earlier movie. For whatever reason, Google's first few results are for the festival from 5 years ago. Silly Google! If I had been looking at the right list, I probably would have wanted to go. It turns out that former Top 5er Sarah Polley's (Go, the Disney Channel's "Road to Avonlea") directorial debut Away from Her was showing. It's been getting rave reviews ever since Sundance and is on the short list of films that I currently want to see.

Luckily, it's coming next week to one of the art theaters in the big city. Since we're moving there soon, there should be a good chance we'll get to see it.

No comments: