Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Sweet Land

Okay, so I never got back to my Thursday night TV post to update it with thoughts about Grey's Anatomy. It turns out I either watch way too much TV to do something like that or I just don't write fast enough. Whatever the case may be, I think I'll save any in-depth commentary on television until new shows/seasons start up in the summer and fall.

One thing I was intending to mention in that update is that you need to see Sweet Land when it comes out on DVD on July 7th. What does that movie have to do with Grey's Anatomy? It stars Elizabeth Reaser, the newly named Rebecca Pope (Eva, the amnesiac new mother from the ferry accident), as a German mail-order bride coming over to rural Minnesota after World War I. It's a wonderful character drama about what it means to be an outsider in a new environment, and is based on a short story by one of Meaghan's professors from Bemidji State. We saw it in last year's RIFG Film Festival and could not recommend it more.

1 comment:

Momma D said...

She's from the Detroit area so it had pretty wide release here. I am looking forward to seeing it on DVD.