Tuesday, May 8, 2007

What's Next? A Bunny?

Sorry to kick this off with such a morbid topic, but such is life.

Beware! Bad omens abound today. This morning before work I had to pick up not one, but two dead animals from our back yard. For those who have seen our yard you can agree with me that this is no small feat to pack that much death into such a tiny space.

The first victim was a squirrel that the missus noticed yesterday evening. It appears to have fallen out of the big honkin' tree in the middle of the yard and cracked itself on the ground. I blame the tree. That thing drops branches left and right, so it was probably only a matter of time before it started dropping squirrels. Either that or I'll have to come to grips with the fact that not all squirrels are coordinated enough to walk on branches in trees. I certainly couldn't do it.

Not more than five minutes later I found (with the help of Zelda's nose) a tiny little bird. I don't know what happened to this one, but it was pretty close to the garage. Feel free to draw your own conclusions.

No comments: