Saturday, June 2, 2007

Grocery Store Ideas?

I'm going to resume with current topics now, too. If I only tried to play catch up, I don't think I'd ever make it.

Does anybody know of a good grocery store up here? Today's mission is to find something nearby where we can get most of what we need in one trip. After searching for the usual suspects, I've found a Cub Foods, a Rainbow Foods, a Whole Foods, and an Aldi. The nearest Hy-Vee is in Faribault. Are there any other big chains that would be up here in Minneapolis that I don't already know about?

We're planning at shopping some at the little neighborhood groceries and delis, but unless we want to eat nothing but canned and frozen food all the time that's probably not going to work all the time. We stopped in Toni's Market & Deli (which is literally right down the block) on Thursday to look around. We managed to scrounge together enough food for Meaghan to slap together some yummy tostadas for dinner, but the possibilities weren't exactly endless.

Please hit me up with ideas, and I'll keep you posted.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Here's the list Mike and I have managed to assemble -- Kowalskis, Lunds, Byerlys... I think you covered all the others. There are also a TON of co-ops. the only name that I can think of now is The Wedge, but I think if you find that one online the others are linked somehow. Good luck!

Unknown said...

I keep getting told that Trader Joe's is pretty darn good. I don't know how far away that would be for you, but they come highly recommended.