Friday, December 7, 2007

Whee! Sledding!

It's continued to snow off and on throughout the week (8 inches total so far), so we've done our best to get outside and enjoy it as much as possible despite the bitter sub-freezing temperatures.

If anyone's partial to sledding, we've got a saucer and some nice hills over in Powderhorn that you can come enjoy. We've only been out there twice so far, but it's been a lot of fun. Even Zelda likes going down the hill. Don't worry, she's not in the sled... just next to it. If I were one of those people with a cool digital camera, here's where I would upload pictures of winter fun. Instead you'll just have to use your imaginations. (Note: I do have a digital camera, but it's not very cool and I don't know where the USB cable to upload pics to a computer is.)

Oh, and if anyone was interested we made it through two LotR movies over the weekend: Fellowship on Saturday, Two Towers on Sunday. I've never seen the extended version of Two Towers and Return of the King before, so I'm loving how seamlessly all of the additional footage fits in.

1 comment:

Nate said...

Fun in the snow sounds great right now. We're debating whether or not to turn on the AC here. I think I'm missing winter more each year. Maybe because I've forgotten what it's really like. Hmm...

I have to say, I didn't think you'd make it through both of the Two Towers and the Return of the King. My family and I tried to do a marathon with all three extended movies once, but I think we just made it through the first. It's probably a better idea to do it on successive days.