Wednesday, January 2, 2008

I Can't Drive 55

One of the gifts that I got for Christmas was a homemade 2008 calendar that Meaghan put together for me. Along with all the design work that went into it (drawing, cutting, pasting, etc.), she also researched a real holiday for every day of the year. Over the course of 2008, I hope to share some of these with everyone.

We all know that yesterday was New Year's Day, but did you know that today is 55 MPH Speed Limit day? It probably doesn't really exist anymore as the speed law was repealed in the 90s, but it's to commemorate the signing into law of the 55 MPH national limit back on Jan. 2, 1974. I didn't know that the speed limits were higher back before I was born, but I guess I never really thought about it before.

In honor of the day, I'm going to attempt to actually drive the speed limit everywhere I go today. Wish me luck!

No comments: