Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Let the Spoiling Begin!

Yahoo, I'm an uncle!


It happened sooner than it was supposed to, but on Sunday, January 27th around 6:00 PM Soren James decided he'd put his mom through enough strain and joined the world. He's about six weeks early, but he still manages to tip the scales at a whopping 1'6", 5 lb 14 oz. Baby and mother are doing okay by all accounts, considering his early arrival, although Soren has to stay at the hospital for awhile until he's ready to go home.

I've immediately stepped up to fulfill my unclely duties by spending some of my tax refund (that's right - January and already done) on a big package of neat baby stuff for the little guy. I'm sure I'll be tempted to do more of the same as my bonus and "recovery rebate" come in later this year. Boy, being an uncle is hard.

1 comment:

Nate said...

Hey, Congrats Brian on Unclehood! It sounds like you are doing a fine job of being an uncle already. Oh, and congrats to Steve and fam as well!