Thursday, August 28, 2008

Kickoff 2008

College football is upon us again! As I write this, my Iowa State Cyclones lead recent I-AA addition South Dakota State 10-0 at the end of the 1st quarter. The Jackrabbits are the #19 team in the Championship Subdivision. Sadly, I'm not able to attend games in person this year or watch them online as I don't have enough cash in my personal budget to afford such things. Such is life.


Although tonight is the first night of I-A action (20 schools in total are playing), the season actually kicked off Saturday evening. In D-II, last year's national champion #1 Valdosta State put the hammer down on the Fort Valley State Wildcats 56-3. Meanwhile at the NAIA level, tiny Concordia College of Selma, Alabama (just 2-9 last year) shocked at least a small portion of the football world by knocking off #6 Bethel College of Tennessee 23-18.

1 comment:

Brian said...

Update:

Iowa State rolled to a 44-17 victory. In the process they intercepted 5 Jackrabbit passes, racking up 202 yards returning them. Surprisingly, only one of those went for a TD.