Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Ach!

I had every intention of getting up this morning and jotting down some thoughts about Watchmen. Instead, I've awoken to find that I can't hold my head straight without some pain in my upper back. Looking in the mirror, my neck is literally slanted at an angle without me even trying. What the heck? This coupled with wrenching my knee whilst slipping in the shower Saturday are all definite signs that my death gene has kicked in despite the new running regimen Meaghan and I started on Sunday.

That's right. Meaghan and I. Running.

I'll try to get to Watchmen later. Right now, I'm just trying to get through the work day without my neck locking up.

3 comments:

Momma D said...

Oh my goodness. This sounds serious. I don't think it is the running that has put you out of whack but it sure isn't normal to be slanted. It could be the Quasimoto gene!

Brian said...

It's been getting continually better throughout the week, although it still hurts a bit if I turn my head to the left in the wrong way.

It's in the same general area as the whiplash from the car accident (which I never posted about - whoops), but feels different.

bjkail said...

Exercise activates the death gene. Everyone knows that.